For me this is THE ultimate crunch and rock amp. I love what this beast does and can do!!!
1 in stock (can be backordered)
This is MY take on THE classic hard rock and heavy metal amp the CAM Super plexi-50. I have been a fan of “THE SOUND” since before I was building amps and could barely play. Jimi, Eddie, Yngwie, Zakk, Angus and Malcom, Page, Beck, Blackmore………What’s NOT to like?!?! The list is endless the tones are legendary, players with skills beyond reproach! The hands, the guitars, the feel, all of it comes through the amp.
I wanted to build something that could give me all of it, honoring the beginning, evolving into the present and tweak-able for the future. Three different ways to control the gain structure of that covers the range of tone you have in this amp. Gain control, Phase Inverter Master Volume, and Power Amp Master Volume it is all here for you to tweak and set up for the ultimate heavy guitar sound. “upper mid/lower mid” to adjusts where mid-range(tone) control hits. The “push crunch/pull crunch” are there for adjusting how the tone stack colors the amp. The Plexi/Mutate switch for the classic jumper-ed tones of Jimi, Eddie, and Yngwie. Pure plexi crunch ala Angus, high gain crunch and saturation with the Plexi/800 switch in back of the amp, and the mutate switch engaged for all your Wylde tones.
- Turret board construction on a Garolite custom cut component board Over spec’ed components for longevity and survive-ability from the rigors of the road.
- Hand-drilled aluminum chassis for magnetic decoupling and noise rejection from the transformers
- Face-plates, and head shells made here in the U.S.
- Classic-Tone Power, Output and Choke transformers.
- E34L tube power section.
- full 12AX7 tube buffered FX loop.
- Vishay “Brown Pill” and “Brown Bee” resistors in the entire tone circuit.
- Vishay “Black Beetle” high wattage resistors in all power section area’s of the amp.
- Orange Drop, Sprague Atom, F&T, and Nichicon capacitors.
- Simple mechanical solo boost in the power section.
Each amp is completely hand built one at a time here in the U.S. Then burned in to make sure you get your amp ready to play!!! 3-year transferable warranty against any defects in craftsmanship.